My stay in Mtwara gave me a lot of time of creations especially in the month of Ramadhan. Fortunately I did fast one time in the season of cashewnuts and the following cake, I did prepare for my wife.
- 100 gms. butter
- 250 gms. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 gms. grounded cashew nuts
- 200 gms boiled cold pressed sweet potatoes.
- Mix the softened butter until white and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the cashewnuts and the sweet potatoes.
- Beat the egg whites untill stiif, fold them into the mixture with care ( do not use whisk when mixing ).
- Pour into a well greased and breadcrumbed baking tin.
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 175 degrees.
- Let the cake rest for a while in its baking tin.
Serve the cake with lightly whipped cream after 'the futari'.