- 5 dl. Grounded grove rice
- 3 dl. Fine rice flour
- 4 dl. Heavy or concentrated coconut milk
- 4 dl. Water
- 13 gms. Fresh yeast or dry yeast
- 4 big spoons sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- A pinch of Cardamom
- A pinch of black grounded pepper
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the grove grounded rice flour for 3 hours in water
- Mix the yeast with sugar and salt
- Warm the coconut milk until 60 degrees Centigrade
- Mix by hand all the ingredients together properly.
- Leave the dough to yeast for about 3 hours.
- Leave again to yeast for about 40 minutes again
- Deep fry the vitumbuwa in its pan until brown.
Use the Japanese pan or muffin pan if you fry the vitumbua or the normal Zanzibar pan.
Do not use a lot of oil in the process of deep frying